My first semester as a grad student at CMU is finally over! It was quite a whirlwind experience. Here's a picture from our critique session of a few of the projects that I've completed this semester.
I've been working diligently on sewing the red silk 1889 bodice for the past few weeks (in between other assignments). It's finally finished! I still need to make the complex skirts to go with the bodice.
You can also see the fun dye projects that we got to work on this semester. Next semester I have a fabric painting class that I'm really looking forward to. Three of the dye projects were done using Shibori dyeing techniques. The peacock feather was done by 'stitching', the scarf under it was a quick exercise in 'tyeing' and the yellow, green, abd blue silk was dyed using a combination of 'wrapping' and ombre techniques.
Whew! I'm so glad to have a little break! Although, if you know me, you know that I never really take breaks. I'll be working on costumes for my Dance Light piece - sewing 1920s dresses, doing a little house redecorating, and sewing some civil war items for customers. But I won't be pulling all nighters, so that will be refreshing!
Post a Comment